Friday, August 28, 2009

Tethering the iPhone


Ok, so Apple announced tethering awhile ago at the Worldwide Developer's Conference. But here's the deal. AT&T is going to charge a crapload for it. Most likely 20-30 dollars a month. But you can do it now, for free. And no this doesn't require a jailbroken iPhone. I warn you though, it does violate your Terms of Service with AT&T. They can end your service, and will charge you the early contract termination fee. I am not responsible if this happens. I am also not responsible for any damage done to your iPhone. It should NEVER cause any, I just don't want people blaming the damage on tethering. Ok so you need to go to help.benm.at/help.php ON YOUR IPHONE. Scroll down to internet & tethering sections and tap the download button above the really long paragraph. Select your country then your carrier. Tap install for the mobileconfig. What this does is adds a tethering setting in your network settings. After installing this, reboot and go to your settings. General < Network < Internet Tethering and turn it on. You can use it over USB or Bluetooth. Plug in and enjoy. While tethering your screen should look something like what is to the right.

Remember, if you have a new idea, just email me at zortrox.blogspot@gmail.com!

1 comments:

Zortrox said...

Woohoo! Thanks for doing this! I'm sure we're gonna get lots of new stuff on here now!

Post a Comment

If you have questions, concerns, or new ideas, please write a comment!