Note: I am not responsible for anything you do with this (hacking administrative privileges like this can have questionable legality) or any damage done to your computer. Only do what I tell you to in the System32 directory and you will be fine on the damage aspect.
I stumbled upon an idea one night that I think might be a wonderful addition to the blog. Setting the command prompt to open up when you hit shift five times (usually activating stickykeys). Quick tip: as an added bonus, this can be used at the login screen, and is brought up as an Administrator command prompt (on the login screen). First, boot a linux live CD. This is necessary because Windows never gives you FULL access to your files, and you can't replace a few certain files that you need to. After booting the live cd navigate to your Windows partition, and go into to system32 directory. To clarify that is "%drivelabel%/Windows/System32", noting that the drive label will be different on most computers. Now make a copy of sethc.exe This is very important, in case you ever want to change it back. sethc.exe is the executable for stickykeys. Once you have copied it, delete the file and make a copy of cmd.exe, rename the copy to sethc.exe Boot into Windows and enjoy! Fun Fact: If you bring this up at the logon screen you can type explorer and it will start up Windows Explorer and you can have access to the computer on the SystemName account. This is an administrative account, just to let you know. And this requires no administrative access, it just relies on the fact that there is no BIOS password. Please note that it can be a bit glitchy here and there running explorer like this.
Note: I am not responsible for anything you do with this (hacking administrative privileges like this can have questionable legality) or any damage done to your computer. Only do what I tell you to in the System32 directory and you will be fine on the damage aspect.
Remember, if you have a new idea, just email me at zortrox.blogspot@gmail.com!
1 comments:
Cool! I gotta try this out on the school's computers!
Post a Comment
If you have questions, concerns, or new ideas, please write a comment!